Wednesday, September 10, 2008

U G H

When I imagine the montage that would play through the minds of baffled humans as the world comes to an end, I see a clip John McCain proclaiming, "Drill baby drill!" while campaigning for the highest government position in the most powerful country in the world.

It's just plain upsetting, disappointing, and kind of disgusting.

Why, oh why aren't more people bothered by this?




On that note, I leave you with a quote...

"The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane"

-- David Orr, from "Earth in Mind"

1 comment:

Warren said...

Hi Katie --

I did find the 'drill baby drill' just a little disturbing as well. Well, maybe more than just a little. I did watch some of the repub convention just to see what went on at their convention since I watched a bit of the dems. It was truly disturbing. Especially the night with Palin.