Thursday, May 7, 2009

Grey Gardens



It is a real treat when a story as fascinating as Grey Gardens is told with such authenticity as it is told in the HBO film starring Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. It is based on the true story of Jackie O.'s aunt and cousin and their demise and refusal to leave their beloved Grey Gardens estate in East Hampton.

I watched it with my friend, Nate who showed me some clips from the documentary about Grey Gardens beforehand and I highly recommend you-tubing this before watching the film so you can fully appreciate the unbelievable performances by Barrymore and Lange. Sure, we knew Jessica Lange had the chops, but it really is Drew that blew me away. She nails the role and exceeded any expectations I had.

See, see, SEE this film! It is a haunting yet endearing story. It's all in the film :)




PS- I've now decided to exclaim, "It looks like Grey Gardens in here!" whenever I see a messy room...including my own.

1 comment:

Bungz said...

Haven't watched it yet, but i have great regard for HBO originals. Really love Gia and Wit. Perhaps, this will get on the list after i watch it.