Thursday, May 22, 2008

Putting the O in Vegan

Oprah's going vegan.

My relationship with Oprah is love/hate. I used to just completely love her, but as you may or may not have noticed, her big egO is currently eligible for its own zip code. I think she's too consumerstic and oftentimes hypocritical, BUT she does good and I can't hate on that. Plus, I met her once and found her to be engaging and charismatic (go figure).

Anyhoo, vegan for 21 days, eh? Remember a few years back when Oprah was sued for saying that she'd never eat another hamburger? Well, she said that because she was informed of the hazards of meat and the meat industry by Howard Lyman, author of
Mad Cowboy (the book that changed my life!). This was years ago and now she's coming around? She should try it for a little more than 21 days. I assure you that being vegan is not the Mount Everest that most folks seem to think it is.

BUT...better late than never and better 21 days than none at all. Seeing as so many people shun the vegan lifestyle, I can't help but be elated about the positive light this sheds on it.

I'm going to be keeping tags on Ms. Winfrey on her
blog. I'm VERY interested to see where this goes!

No comments: